Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Nearly Free, Free & Better Than Free!!

You just can't get much better than free can you? Actually you can! I recently started doing some shopping at my local CVS after reading other blogs and seeing the deals these ladies are getting! Here's what we got this week:

Tuesday: 2 Excedrin Migraine on sale for $1.99
-I used 2- $2.00 off coupons
-paid .29 at registrar
-got back: $2.00 in ECBs(see here for great explanation of ECBs and how they work!
(I'd say this deal worked out better than free!)

Wed: 1 Excedrin Migraine on sale for $1.99
-used $2.00 off coupon
-paid 14 or so cents out of pocket
-got back $1.00 ECB
(again better than free!)

Thursday: This deal doesn't look as great as the others but it was all stuff we needed, and the ECB's earned helped us with Fridays purchases.
2 bags Huggies Diapers on sale for $8.99 ea
2 CVS baby wipes on sale for 2 or $4.00
2 Gerbers Fingerfoods at $1.50 ea
I lost this receipt, but the total was just slightly over $25.00. We used our $3.00 ECB's and paid roughly $22.00 and got back $10.00 ECB's

Friday: 2 Swifter Refills at $5.99 each
1 Pepcid Ez Chew on Sale for $7.99 (AHH! I forgot my $2.00 off coupon!)
1 Oral B Battery tooth brush at $13.49(the dentist recommended this for my youngest DS)
We used a $1.00 off coupon for the swifters, and the $10.00 ECB's from the day before paying out of pocket 24.28
BUT we got $14.00 ECB's making the total $10.28, AND I have a $5.50 rebate for the Pepcids bringing the total down to $4.78 AND there was a surprise in the Oral B package; a $10.00 rebate!! So now I am basically getting paid $5.22 to take these items from the store!!

I am just getting started at this and hope to learn more and get to the point I am rarely paying anything for toiletry items! Can't beat free? I can!

Next week I will take photos of the deals we get and post them to show you that yes, you can beat free!

No comments: