Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I've Trained Him Well.....

No, not the dog, the husband!! There were a few coupon deals left I wanted to take advantage of so I printed up a Grocery Game list for both Stater's and Ralph's and gave him the appropriate coupons, and sent him on his way. Actually because we live 40 miles about of town it is a waste of gas money for me to make many trips to town, so I have started giving him a list and having him pick up the smaller items on his way home from work. Here's what he got:



At Stater's he did OK I thought, but the cashier was obviously impressed as she commented "Wow!! Someone has taught you how to shop!"


He spent $23.34 and saved $44.32. He got 10 2 liter bottles of Coke products for .69 cents each, 6 Knorr side dishes for .65 cents each, 4 Ragu Pasta Sauces for .49 cents each, 4 Mac & Cheese's for .50 cents each, 3 pkgs razors for .69 cents each and two boxes of Raisin Bran for $1.50 each, which is actually .50 cents a box more than I am normally willing to pay for cearl, but we are just about out and I've been too busy to make pancakes and such in the mornings.

At Ralph's I was pretty impressed, here's what he got there:


He spent a whopping $3.27 and saved $21.53!! He got for FREE: 2 Suave shampoos , a GUM toothbrush and another Adkins Advantage Bar. For a quarter each he picked up two more gummy bears, .99 cents for the snuggles dryer sheets(these smell SO good!), .99 cents for the Yoplait yogurts and about the same for the Gogurts which the kids just love to eat frozen.

So not too bad. He gets as excited as I do about these shopping trips now. He woke me up at 11:00 last night to show me the receipts and call me down to take photos!

If your husbands or older children aren't totally convinced that coupons are a great way to save money, send them on a few shopping trips and let them feel the excitement of saving lots of money and get the comments from the store clerks and they will quickly become convinced!!

No comments: