Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Sunday, July 13, 2008

I Clearly Don't Get Out Enough!!

It is my brother's and mine yearly tradition to go out to eat and catch a movie or two for each others Birthday between June(My Bday) and July(His). Last year we missed as my son was training for the Jr. Olympics.


So, I think two years ago was the last time I went to the movies! Wow...that's a long time! But with a family of six, it gets pretty expensive, so we just wait for video.


I can't believe how much the movie experience has changed! We went to see Journey to the Center of the Earth:

It was pretty good, but I was surprised at the events leading up to the movie. First, I am just still so surprised that they show ad after ad for TV show's and then the commercials for products! I know this has been going on for a while, but still... I am paying 11.00 a ticket, and I don't feel I should have to watch commercial after commercial..

As if that's not annoying enough....I am still shocked at these next two...first two ushers come in and interrupt some previews I was enjoying to try to get people to donate, on the spot to their charity. Don't get me wrong, if you've read here long enough, you know I support charities. I think people should give to worthy causes, I am not against that at all, but at a movie theatre?? I just thought it was weird. Does this happen often these days? Why if they had to do this, couldn't they have done it during the long commercials, why interrupt previews for movies I might want to see??

Then, the cake topper was as the movie was beginning, they rolled in a concession stand!! What?? The five or more in the main theater lobby isn't enough??? Are people that lazy, they can't walk the 15-20 paces to pick up their sugar and fat laden snacks?? Maybe the walk would do some good??

IF the concession stand rolling into the theater wasn't bad enough, one of the ushers went aisle to aisle with a cooler of snacks, just like they do at the ball game. I'm sorry, I just think this is odd. Again, does this happen often? This is the first time I've ever seen this!! Weird!

I used to enjoy the movies and really look forward to my once a year date with my brother, but I'll tell you, between the outrageous cost, the commercials, soliciting for charity, and the goofy roll-in concession stand....maybe we'll have to come up with a new birthday date idea, as I was so surprised and annoyed, I'm not sure I enjoyed the movie as much as I could have...of course Brandon Frasier makes nice eye candy! Not all was lost!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its all about money and greed. Buy, give, donate everything you have. Oh, and while you're at it, eat some more of our good tasting lard. This is why I don't go to the movies. It would be nice to see them on the big screen but to be able to sit home and enjoy the flick on my own TV with a cup of herb tea is always better.