Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Re-Discovering an Old Friend....


Yup, it's the library..... with our budget being so tight, I can't buy books any more. I've been doing alot of trading on PaperBackSwap which I really like, but sometimes waiting for my "wish list" books can take months and months.

Our nearest library is in a tiny high school, and doesn't have much to offer(I think I own more books!) and the next town is 40 miles away.

But did you know most if not all counties have an online inter-library loan program? If you go to your counties library site, you can search for any book you want, and it will tell you what library currently holds that book and let you place a "hold" on it. Then you select which library you would like the book delivered to, and pick it up when your ready. All free of charge!!

Just this week I got these two books:




Affluenza, which I am REALLY enjoying, I highly recommend this one! It was also a PBS documentary, one of the rare exceptions when the book was a movie FIRST! I haven't been able to locate it at the library or Netflix.

The other book, In Defense of Food, by Michael Pollen,





is one I am really looking forward to reading. I have already read his other book Omnivore's Dilemma and enjoyed it so much, many family members have received it from me for Birthdays, Christmas and other gift giving occasions.


I just received notification that these books came it today and are ready to be picked up:

America's Cheapest Family


I am hoping to learn even more money savings tips from this one! I think it looks promising, but I have read reviews that say there is nothing real new in it. I will let you know after I read it!


Simple Prosperity

I don't know much about this one, it came up when I was doing a search for some of the others, but I thought it looked interesting.

Now I just need to find the time to read all of these! That is another neat feature of the online library program though, you can even renew online! It just can't be any easier! Why don't you check and see if your county has a similar program. If you're like me with books, this could save you tons of money and give you lots of great reads!!


1 comment:

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks for the reminder of how nice a trip to the library can be!