Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Friday, August 29, 2008

Great Back-to-School Resources!

Whether you homeschool, private school, or if your kids go to public school, there seems there will almost always be a time when you may be faced with a struggling learner or one who just has a harder time grasping a particular concept.


I have had two now that really struggled with learning to read. The second time around I found what I consider to be one of the BEST resources out there!



Headsprout. I had tried everything with my youngest and he still just couldn't quite take off in his reading. One day out of desperation and frustration I tried this program. It is a little pricey but well worth every penny! In just a few short weeks he went from barely able to sound out the simplest words to reading at near grade level. This is recommended for younger children, but I have used it with great success with a nine year old!! Something in the way concepts are presented just made things finally "click" with this child! I have heard many other similar success stories. I HIGHLY recommend this if you have a struggling learner, or a beginning reader you want to give an extra edge to!


My oldest has struggled for years now to grasp Algebra. We finally found something that has helped him along quite a bit.


Aleks. While the results weren't quite as dramatic as they were with the Headsprout for my youngest, there was a definite improvement in the time we used this program. Again, it had to do with the ways the concepts were presented, things just finally "clicked." It is almost as if a light bulb suddenly went on!

If you are interested in a free trial of this one, leave a comment with your email, and I will email you the code for a one month free trial. It is worth giving a try, and with a free trial you have nothing to lose!

I hope everyone has a great school year this year, whether you are at home or go to a public or private school! We are very much looking forward to starting our year next week!

No comments: