Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

20 and Counting!!

Wow! Those Duggars are at it again, they just had number 18! They never cease to amaze me. Not so much in the number of children, anybody can do that if they were so inclined, but that they are so calm and patient and that they do this all debt free!


I have admitted here before, that I haven't always been a very big Duggar fan. I think they are neat, and I admire them immensely, but I just feel like I can't relate to them. On their show, they come off as nearly perfect, their children are nearly perfect and that is just something I can't relate to at all.


I recently got a copy of their new book; 20 and Counting


They are very open and honest in this book, and I have gained a whole new respect for them! They admit to mistakes they made along the way. They explain why they do the things they do, that may seem curious or different to outsiders. They are very warm and friendly in this book.

This book is also full of great organization tips and child-rearing pointers. There are little snippets throughout with recipes, tips, and input from the children.

This book landed in my hands at just the right time. I was struggling a bit with some trust and faith issues, and this book is full of stories of how prayers were amazingly answered in incredible ways, even for something as simple as a vacuum cleaner! It just goes to show that He really does care about ALL of our needs, even the little ones!

Any homeschooling mom would benefit from Michelle's tips and advice, if she can get it all done with 18, it should be a piece of cake for those of us with just a few. With only part of one chapter of this book devoted to homeschooling, there is plenty to be benefited from for those of you not homeschooling.

Dad's too will enjoy this quick and easy read as they read about the sometimes funny and sometimes not-so funny trials that Jim-Bob goes through starting several businesses and other financial ventures, even a scary robbery!

This is a good read and you will find yourself not wanting to put it down and most likely will finish it in just a sitting or two!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! its maerysmom from sl here...
glad to hear this is a good read! i might pick it up! thanks!