Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Could It Be?

I have been beyond frustrated lately with my fitness routine. I used to do Kendo and as a result actually had to eat tons extra to keep weight on(I know, what a terrible dilemma!) Seriously though, all I did for exercise was Yoga daily, and Kendo 2-3 times a week and no matter what I did the weight kept falling off. At my lowest I was 102lbs and a size 2. Much smaller than I'd like to be. 110-115 seems to be a healthy weight for me, and a size 5 for clothing. I am 5' 3"(almost)

Well, once our grandson came to live with us and as our finances weren't doing the greatest, I had to quit Kendo. I miss it something terrible. For those not familiar with what Kendo is here is a sample:




This is the actual sparring, the end result of hours of practice and warm-ups. Here is just a small taste of a warm-up drill.




It is a very high energy workout! An excellent way to stay fit, a great way to relieve stress, and TONS of fun!

It has been about a year since I quit. The weight slowly started creeping on. At first I wasn't too upset as I needed to gain some. But as the year has gone on, I gained extra. Yikes!

I still practice Yoga daily, and for the past couple of months I have added in Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home videos. Here is a sample of one of those.







It is an okay workout and just interesting enough to not get too boring, but it's NOT Kendo! Not only is it not Kendo, but after Kendo a workout like this is hardly enough to get my heart rate up but alone have any weight loss benefits. Actually I have gained another four pounds since starting! I have lost an inch on my hips and half an inch on my waist, but I have a long ways to go and have not seen any progress in awhile!



I don't understand how I can workout two hours a day, five to six days a week(between yoga and these videos) and not be making any more progress. Frustrating to say the least!



Well, today on a new Leslie Sansone video I was doing, I think I found my answer. She was saying how if you're active or in shape, you need to change up your program as if you keep doing the same thing you will not reap any benefits.



I think to go from the high intensity of Kendo, to the moderate(if that) intensity of these videos, is clearly not enough. I need something far more intense.



I just ordered this from Amazon and am hoping it is more intense(sounds like it is!) and hopefully I will get some weight loss benefit.

Meanwhile I am open to recommendations if any of you have any!

I want to give you just one more sample of my beloved Kendo. Here is the beautiful form Bon Gook Kum Bop. I spent over two years trying to learn this one, and finally had it almost down before I left. Probably couldn't do it now if my life depended on it, but here it is:



No comments: