Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thou Shall Not Murder

Sorry, just can't think of any other word for it after reading and seeing this:

Just got this in an email from C28(NOTW T-shirts)

Did you know 6 million Jews were killed in the Holocaust, and that was horrible? Did you know 48 million babies have been killed by abortion and no one says much about it?

A picture began circulating in November. It should be "The Picture of the Year," or perhaps, "Picture of the Decade." It won't be. In fact, unless you obtained a copy of the U.S. paper which published it, you probably would never have seen it.


The picture is that of a 21-week-old unborn baby named Samuel Alexander Armas, who is being operated on by surgeon named Joseph Bruner. The baby was diagnosed with spina bifida and would not survive if removed from his mother's womb. Little Samuel's mother, Julie Armas, is an obstetrics nurse in Atlanta. She knew of Dr. Bruner's remarkable surgical procedure.

Practicing at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, he performs these special operations while the baby is still in the womb.


During the procedure, the doctor removes the uterus via C-section and makes a small incision to operate on the baby. As Dr. Bruner completed the surgery on Samuel, the little guy reached his tiny, but fully developed hand through the incision and firmly grasped the surgeon's finger. Dr. Bruner was reported as saying that when his finger was grasped, it was the most emotional moment of his life, and that for an instant during the procedure he was just frozen, totally immobile.


The photograph captures this amazing event with perfect clarity. The editors titled the picture, "Hand of Hope." The text explaining the picture begins, "The tiny hand of 21-week-old fetus Samuel Alexander Armas emerges from the mother's uterus to grasp the finger of Dr. Joseph Bruner as if thanking the doctor for the gift of life."


Little Samuel's mother said they "wept for days" when they saw the picture. She said, "The photo reminds us pregnancy isn't about disability or an illness, it's about a little person" Samuel was born in perfect health, the operation 100 percent successful. Now see the actual picture, and it is awesome...incredible....and hey, pass it on! The world needs to see this one!


They(C28) are offering the T-Shirt below in both men's and women's designs with a portion of the money going to pro-life organizations that will help support adoption or women choosing to have a baby. A fine t-shirt for a fine cause if you ask me!



FRONT:

BACK

5 comments:

Bill Cooney said...

Tara, I think we are in agreement that, in general terms, abortion does not reveal man's best nature. Reaching into our own wombs and snuffing out life for what is often merely the sake of convenience certainly appears to present moral questions.

My trepidation arises when we employ devices that are somewhat incendiary, such as labeling those who have abortions as murderers. For the time being, at least, these people - in a legal sense - are not murderers, and labeling them as such doesn't offer much of a starting point for the kind of dialog that is necessary if eliminating the need for abortions is the goal.

Your defense of the sanctity of life is not only admirable, but also enlightened, and we would do well to emulate this position. I just question the utility of incendiary rhetoric in debates where emotions - as a rule - run high.

Tara B. said...

As usual Bill you make some good points and cause me to stop and think.

Yes, legally they are not murdering. Morally, ethically, well that's a different story. Just because somethings legal doesn't make it right.

Obviously I am strongly pro-life, but I am also compassionate, not just to the innocent lives lost through abortion, but to those who live with the emotional scars years later from receiving an abortion.

I have offered a shoulder for a hurt woman feeling the guilt of a past decision. As a once 16 year old who was faced with this decision, I can understand how a woman can choose to do that.

Individually, I don't judge the person for what they do/have done.

As a whole though, I do feel quite differently.

There was uproar in the news not too long ago about an aborted fetus that survived then the physician killed it. Then it was murder, but not while in the womb? I just don't understand the logic.

Would I go to debate starting off by calling abortion murder? No, as you are correct, that is not a good starting point. But here where I can share my thoughts, well you get them. I may not be right, but I am honest, what you see here are always my true thoughts and feelings, I don't hide anything or hold anything back. For better or worse, what you see here in all my posts is who I am.....

Bill Cooney said...

Well said, Tara.

Red said...

I was just talking to this very subject with a friend if mine, who is very pro-life. I on thee other hand am very pro-choice.

I look at so many children who are brought into loveless relationships. To me, children should be conceived in love, not lust. And yet so many of the children being brought into this world have been done so under false pretense.

These children whether loved or not were never asked if they could or should come into this world. So I think they at least deserve to come into this place with love and someone to tell them they were wanted.

Case in point my brother-in-law. He was a clubber (new terminology for a male slut) and get a girl pregnant after about 3 weeks of knowing her. What kind of hone is that for this child.

People say he did the right thing. Well I disagree. He is a worthless father and has/had no business bringing a child into this world, and I know there and hundreds if not thousands of situations like this going on around the U.S. each and every day.

My daughters best friend has a half sister who has a 1 year old and goes out drinking and partying all the time. What mother does that? Not a mother who truly wanted/wants her child...see my point?

Let's just take the three os if, Tara, Bill and myself. I bet when we all had our children we changed our lives to some degree to make sure that our child had the best possible care. And that meant putting aside our old ways.

My comment has now officially turned into a rant, but let it be known, that I feel so comfortable expressing my views with the two of you more than anyone in my blogging world. Thank you Bill and Tara!

Tara B. said...

I agree with you too Red, I find it sad that many have children they don't properly care for. I don't think there are any easy answers or solutions for the abortion dilemma. I sure wish there were, because not only do I strongly believe in the right to life, like you I believe in the right to a quality of life, not only for children but our elderly and others who are often abused or neglected.