Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Could It Also Be?


Earlier I had posted on my frustrations with exercising like crazy and yet still having a weight gain. I have been pondering this for days as it is really bothering me. The more I think about it I can't help but think it is what I am eating more than my exercising. I mean I am working out two to two and a half hours a day, you'd think I could pretty much eat what ever I like.


As far as my eating, I have been careful to watch what I eat, making sure I get enough, but not too much. My only weakness or splurge is my cookie addiction, but I've even cut way down there!


So what could it be? Well, I think I've figured it out. The one thing that has changed these last several months, the only thing that has changed at all is that I have been eating some meat again. Only chicken and turkey, I haven't progressed to mammals yet.


The funny thing is I don't even like it. I complain each time I make it that it just tastes funny. The texture is funky too, not at all what I remember meat being like. I can't help but wonder if it's all the hormones and other junk they give to them to make them grow quickly. If it makes them grow quickly, I wonder what eating it does to us? Make us grow quickly? I don't know if that is the case or not, maybe I am just grasping at straws here. But as an experiment, I am quite happily giving up eating poultry again and see what happens.


Seems far fetched, but not much else has changed dietary wise, and physically I am really working out quite alot, so SOMETHING has to be able to explain this. I'll let you know what happens in the next few weeks.

1 comment:

Red said...

I was wondering when you were going to post about this. I knew you had gone back to eating meat and somehow knew you would discover that it was not what you had remembered it to be.

I missed meat for a while and had some slip ups, but now I do not miss it any longer.

What I thought was missing meat was all the spices I cooked meat in. I use lots of garlic, pepper and salt. And man do they smell good on anything you cook.

I hope you can come back around and leave meat to the omnivores. I will keep you in my thoughts!!