Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Finally!

Finally after months and months and lots of money trying different workout programs I think I found the winning combo for me!
These two DVD's along with going back to my veggie diet have taken off more inches and done more toning in just two weeks then all of the five mile workouts I've been doing for months!

The Jillian Michaels DVD is a winner for sure! But I warn you, it is tough! I consider myself to be in pretty good shape considering I do these five mile workouts without hardly increasing my breathing at all, or even breaking into a light sweat, and of course my years of yoga practice.

Let me tell you, five minutes into the Jillian Michaels tape I was huffing and puffing something awful and sweating like you wouldn't believe! The next day I was sure I was dying! I could hardly walk my quads were so sore! It hurt so good!! And that was all on level one!

That is one of the many things I like about this tape. It has three levels and she recommends you start on level one regardless of your level of fitness. That is wise and sound advice! But I love having three levels on one tape as my body adjusts quite quickly and I will advance to the next levels in typically a weeks time. Same with yoga, which is why I love the Brain Kest one above, it too has three levels.

One word of warning though on the Jillian Michaels one: I would HIGHLY recommend you do five or so minutes of walking in place for a warm up before hand and spend a few minutes after doing some stretching or yoga. She provides a warm up and cool down, but I found it to be not enough. I was so sore that first day. The following day I did the walking in place first and my yoga practice after and only experienced that good light soreness that let's you know you really worked out.

Each workout is 20 minutes long and includes three circuits each of 3 minutes strength training(you will need light hand weights but if you don't have any and are a beginner, you can always used canned soup or veggies!) 2 minutes cardio, and 1 minute abs(mat recommended). It is quick, but it must be effective because since adding this one into my fitness routine my once tight jeans are practically swimming on me! I refuse to weigh myself just yet, but to me regardless of what the scale would say, I judge more what my clothing or the tape measure says.

I highly recommend this workout! It's tough, but it's over before you know it and the results are worth it!!

1 comment:

Red said...

I am so glad you are back on your veggie lifestyle, and glad you found a workout routine that fits your lifestyle as well.

Glad you are still with us veggie nerds!!!!!!!