Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Great Depression Cooking

I have been hearing about THIS lady all over the place lately, so I finally decided to check her out. She is a 90 something year old lovely lady who lived during the great depression and posts cooking videos on YouTube. The recipes are meals from her childhood during the depression. Not only are they inexpensive, but they are probably much healthier than what most families are eating these days.

I liked many of them as most don't include meat, which sits just fine with me. I plan on trying this one out soon:



Just as enjoyable as her recipes are the little stories she tells giving us tidbits of what life was really like during those times. Really makes you stop and think about how pampered we are today.

You can check out more of Clara and her recipes and stories at YouTube.

This lady is a gem! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Red said...

She is so cute. I watched a few of her videos. Is wish more seniors had her spunk, it is what keeps us young and keeps us going.