Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Love At First Sight

I didn't plan it, it just happened. All it took was a little photo at the end of a siggy line...on my own email at that! One photo and I was in deep. Then I thought I lost her before I even had her.

Her name is Ismaline, and she has deep chocolate brown skin and beautiful deep brown eyes. In the beautiful white dress she was wearing and her hair done the way it was she looked like a little Shirley Temple doll. She melted my heart.

I raced to the Compassion site as quickly as I could to sponsor her, then I stalled. I thought, "do we really have the money to commit to a third little girl just now? I thought, prayed, and stalled. When I just couldn't take it anymore, I clicked "sponsor" and was heartbroken when it said someone else sponsored her in the time I was contemplating my decision.

On one hand I was happy she had a sponsor, but somehow silly as it may sound I felt like I just missed out on something really great by not being the one to sponsor her. I prayed again, thanking Him that she found that sponsor she so desperately needed, but if for some reason it didn't work out, for me to be able to sponsor her.

I couldn't stop thinking about her. I went to the site several more times and put in the information that matched hers, a girl, Haiti, four years old. Several beautiful girls came up, but none were her. There were two others that I considered, but I didn't have that same feeling as I did with her. Remember, I wasn't even looking to sponsor another child right now. It was just something about her, about her photo that made me even go look at the site.

I went and tried to watch American Idol, but still couldn't stop thinking of her, so I tried one last time. Imagine my surprise when she came up on my search!!! I don't know what happened, perhaps the potential sponsors changed their minds, but I now sponsor this amazingly beautiful little girl from a place so near and dear to my heart!

Now when I go to Haiti I have two special stops to make and two very special girls to visit.

If you've ever thought of sponsorship please let me encourage you to go to Compassion's site and just browse the photos or do a search of a country that touches your heart(may I recommend Haiti?) If you don't feel anything, no worries, I am just asking you to look. But if you do feel something for one special child you see, will you consider sponsoring him or her?

If you do, let me know, I would love to hear how one special child touched your heart like this little girl did mine. She is my third child through Compassion, but there is something so different about her than the others, and it all started with one photo, one generated on my own email going out to someone else. All I know is I am in love with this precious child and don't mind giving up what ever it is I am going to have to in order to add in the money in my budget to sponsor her and watch her grow up physically and spiritually healthy and strong.

No comments: