Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Saturday, April 11, 2009

After having success with Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred but wanting a bit more variety I ordered her two newest videos. Today I tried her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. All I can say is WOW!! It is a workout for sure!

This one is about 50 minutes with warm-up and cool-down versus the 20 minute Shred and you move non-stop! This one requires no weights or extra equipment(although I personally prefer weights!) and unlike the FIRM video I wrote about the other day this one doesn't have any complicated moves. All of the moves are pretty simple in theory although they are tough, but no fancy footwork which turns me off in other videos.

I wouldn't recommend this for beginners. If you can do level one and two of the Shred, then you should be fine with this one. Many of the exercises on this are similar to level two as well as many kick boxing type circuits(those are fun!) Also, if you have weak knees or ankles you may want to modify many of the jumping moves(there are alot of them!) She doesn't offer as many modifications as she does in the shred, but there are a few and I took advantage of a couple today as this one nearly kicked my butt!

I can hardly wait until Monday to try No More Trouble Zones(which has weights, yea!) and I will write about that one then as well.

No comments: