Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Another Great One!


I finally got a chance to try Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones. It is another challenging, yet good one! This one unlike Banish Fat Boost Metabolism utilizes weights which is normally my preference. Like the Banish Fat tape, it consists of several circuits, each repeating twice. I really like this method, especially the repeating part, as it gives you plenty of time to catch on to the moves and become comfortable with them. Like the Banish Fat workout, the moves are all fairly simple to learn and follow, no fancy footwork or dance moves. This one is serious though! You can really feel your muscles burn!


I think these two tapes together make a great combo. You can alternate days so that you are giving your muscles time to rest and recover after this one, but keep up the calorie burning with the banish fat one on the alternating days. Doing these two five days a week total, I'd be really surprised if you didn't see results within two weeks! They are both intense and effective, yet doable.


Both of these had exercises I saw and thought I couldn't do, but I tried anyway and was pleasantly surprised that I could do them! So, my advice is to just try, you might surprise yourself.


While I found this one a bit more challenging as far as the intensity required, I found it a bit easier than the Banish Fat one to keep up with without tiring out too quickly or becoming breathless. But I am a bit more sore afterwards with this one, so I am sure it is quite effective. I think this one is fine for beginners and those who can complete level one of the 30 Day Shred.


Both are great, and I highly recommend both. They are reasonably priced at around ten bucks each at Amazon. If you could only afford one right now and are looking to drop pounds, both would do, but I think I'd go with the Banish Fat one. If you are more looking to tone and define and maintain what you have, I'd go with this. But if you really want something effective for calorie burning and toning and don't want to worry about any other exercising, both are a perfect package deal and will deliver results!


Of course, my personal preference is to add in 40-60 minutes of Yoga following each, just for that extra stretch and some added flexibility. But it is not necessary at all.

2 comments:

appleleaf said...

Wow, good for you.
Jillian Michaels was here in Australia for our first few seasons of "Australian Biggest Loser" to get the ball rolling so to speak. She strikes me as a very scary lady.
About your comment, I'm not all that far behind you. I'll hit the big number at the end of the year on Christmas Eve. And you're right, 40 really is young.

Dr. Paleo Ph.D. said...

Hello there,

It looks like we both have Parental Rights as an interest in common!

Spencer