Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

As If I Didn't Already Think These Guys Were Great!!


One of my favorite Christian rock bands has always been Audio Adrenaline. Their music is so sincere and real, not just sugar coated feel good stuff to get a Christian label put on it. Sometimes the lyrics are inspiring, sometimes uplifting and sometimes challenging. These guys are the real deal. At least I always believed so, now I KNOW so!

One of my favorite songs has always been Hands and Feet.


In my search for information on Haiti and for those who are there trying to make a difference a good friend told me about Audio Adrenaline's orphanage Hands and Feet! I was so excited to see someone I have a great deal of respect for have a heart for Haiti!

I quickly went to Amazon and purchased their book by the same title.



All I can say is WOW! And WOW!! I finished this quick and easy but quite inspiring read in two afternoons. I was near tears in parts as they talk about so much about what I often try to say, but they say it so much more eloquently than I. Not just about Haiti and the need there, but about Christianity, the Church today and more! I wish every Christian I knew would read this. I think even non-Christians would do well to read this. It is a wonderful look at what Christianity lived out as it is meant to be(rather than how often it is)really looks like. Pure and Faultless(James 1:27)

The book was a great insight into the motivation of these people to start this project a window to their hearts, and it was truly refreshing. It also gave a brief and interesting history of Haiti, for example I never knew the US briefly occupied Haiti. It also gave information on taking your own short term mission trip either to Haiti or elsewhere, very good information for those of us that are considering this, yet have never done so. It also spoke so beautifully of their love of Haiti and for the Haitian people.

It is refreshing to see these "rock stars" who are willing to step outside of themselves and do things that really make a difference in the world, and encourage others to do the same. Five big stars for this great read! And five even bigger stars for those involved in Hands and Feet!

For those wanting more information on the Hands and Feet orphanage, they have a WEBSITE and on there a link to their blog as well as a sign up for a newsletter.

1 comment:

Karen (KayKay) said...

I've always loved the group too, but didn't know this about them. How wonderful. I'm going to try to pick up the book today. Thanks.