Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Results and Some Perspective...


After just under two weeks of using Jillian Michaels two newest workout DVD's I have the most noticeable results yet!





I have avoided weighing myself for a while as I find the scale to be my worst enemy. My mood and motivation can quickly change based on the numbers it gives me. Since my slow weight gain over the last year and a half I have crept from 102(which is just too thin for anybody IMHO) to 120. Well, I thought surely since picking up the fitness routine with these videos which promise up to five pounds of weight loss a week, I should at least be down under 120. I would have been happy even at 119.9, anything under 120. Imagine my surprise, shock, and horror when the scale read 121.6 YIKES!! I was devastated and felt like giving up. How can I work so hard and yet gain?

Now at 120 I am not overweight by any means. I just want to look and feel my best. How I could have gained weight was beyond me, I mean I have noticed my arms are becoming much more defined, and even my abs are looking noticeably more cut although I am still somewhat bloated due to my cookie habit. I thought by looking my hips seemed trimmer too. So today I took out the old trusty tape measure as that will rarely lie.

The results? In just under two weeks, I have lost an inch and a half on my hips, almost back down to my pre-weight gain size! My waist has lost close to an inch!!

So I can't explain the weight gain other than possible muscle gain, but the tape measure results in my opinion are impressive in just under two weeks!

These DVD's work! I HIGHLY recommend them. I have read mostly glowing reviews all over the web about them, although a few have commented that they are boring. I have to disagree. They are simple in the fact that they are workout DVD's, not dancing DVD's like so many other so called cardio or aerobic workouts. I am not looking to learn new dance steps or to become a hip-hop dancer, I want to firm and tone and be healthy. I have never been one to be very coordinated when it comes to such things as dancing, and if I wanted dance lessons, I'd take them. I just want a no nonsense workout and THESE tapes deliver!

While I admit I slightly obsess over my weight and body, I also struggle with that about myself. I wonder if my sponsored children in Uganda and Haiti or their mothers worry about such things? I am almost sure they don't, as they are just worried about if they will have enough food to eat each day, not whether or not they have six pack abs. This makes me feel guilty at times. Here they don't have food to eat and I am spending money exercising off my excess!

Really when you think about it, it is kind of sad. How much money here in America is spent on weight loss programs like Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers? There are many places in the world people are literally starving...to death from not enough, while here we are spending a small fortune to try to learn to eat less. It just doesn't make sense does it?

No comments: