Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Conversations Overheard...

My husband and son came home from running errands this morning and shared a conversation they overheard, which for some reason struck my funny bone....

I'm sure you've all heard snobbery of one sort or another before. You know, the "I only wear designer jeans", or "I'll only shop here or there" type stuff. Seems everyone wants to be better than everybody else and where you shop, what you wear or what you drive proves just how much better you are!

Well, today's conversation overheard was a new one to me: Tattoo Snobbery. Yup, you heard me right. A guy and gal were comparing and talking about tattoos when the guys asks, "where did you get yours done?" To which the girl replies "at a shop here locally." The guy then responds by telling the girl he "only gets his done overseas and by the very best of the very best of artists." He "would never get a tattoo done locally, as there just aren't any "real" artists." Gee, I sure wish somebody would have told me that BEFORE I got mine done!

Now, I can see if he was in the military and liked to collect body art to represent all the places he's been or something like that, but this was clearly a case of, "well, mines better and more expensive than yours!"

I mean really, is there anything at all left that we don't have to try and one-up each other on?

1 comment:

Red said...

Maybe I should have my Trek tatoo laserd off my back and start looking over seas. Pffft!