Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I'm Either Totally Cool, or a Major Heathen

For about three years now I've been promising my son a tattoo for his 18th birthday. He doesn't turn 18 for a few days yet, but he is processing for the Navy this week, so we HAD to get it done a little early.

Only problem is here in California, you HAVE to be 18 period, even with parental consent. We had a heck of a time finding an artist who would be willing to bend the rules. We finally remembered that we have an old family friend(actually he's quite young, we've just known the family forever, and some!) who is a very good artist and was willing to help us out on such short notice too!


I'm glad we remembered him, because not only did he do us this huge favor, but he is quite talented and his shop has to be one of the nicest ones I've ever been in. I will be calling him when I am ready for my next and what should be my final one.



I am finding people's response to this birthday gift quite interesting. It seems I either get the cool mom points or people think I am some sort of heathen for doing such a thing. The fact is, he would be getting a tattoo no matter what once he turns 18. I'd rather take him somewhere reputable and clean, with a talented artist rather than him go somewhere on his own where the work may not be quality, as he will be wearing this for the rest of his life. I learned that lesson the hard way myself. I was stuck with a terrible piece for 18 years before I had the money to get it corrected.



Tattoo's are so mainstream now, and most if done properly are truly works of art. If well thought out they usually mean something very significant to the wearer and memorialize a part of your life. I just don't understand peoples negativity and objections, I really don't. There's a big difference between getting a skull and cross bone which may seem cool at 18, but not so cool at 45, versus a well thought out piece of art that has a significant personal meaning that is going to be as appropriate later in life as well as enjoyable now.



My son has had this design picked out for three years now. It is our family's crest:


8 comments:

Karen (KayKay) said...

I think it looks great. If he is old enough to go into the Navy then he is certainly old enough for a tattoo. My son got one recently on his 21st birthday.

Anonymous said...

保健資訊:
保健食品,樟芝,納豆
美食資訊:
蛋糕,彌月蛋糕,乳酪蛋糕
巧克力,chocolate,巧克力蛋糕
住宿資訊:
MOTEL,汽車旅館,台中住宿
日韓服飾:
日系服飾,服飾批發,流行服飾
看護資訊:
看護,居家看護,看護中心
居家看護,看護,看護中心
看護,居家看護,看護中心
法拍資訊:
法拍屋,法拍,法拍屋
汽車百貨:
大樓隔熱紙,汽車隔熱紙,隔熱紙
其他資訊:
棧板,塑膠棧板,會計事務所
大陸新娘,外籍新娘,柴犬
東北新娘,大陸新娘,外籍新娘

Red said...

I'm biased, I have a tatoo, and if they are old enough, and understand the responsibility of a tatoo, then go for it.

I love good ink!

Anonymous said...

保健資訊:
保健食品,樟芝,納豆
美食資訊:
蛋糕,彌月蛋糕,乳酪蛋糕
巧克力,chocolate,巧克力蛋糕
住宿資訊:
MOTEL,汽車旅館,台中住宿
日韓服飾:
日系服飾,服飾批發,流行服飾
看護資訊:
看護,居家看護,看護中心
居家看護,看護,看護中心
看護,居家看護,看護中心
法拍資訊:
法拍屋,法拍,法拍屋
汽車百貨:
大樓隔熱紙,汽車隔熱紙,隔熱紙
其他資訊:
棧板,塑膠棧板,會計事務所
大陸新娘,外籍新娘,柴犬
東北新娘,大陸新娘,外籍新娘

Anonymous said...

Michael Jackson(麥可傑克森)你永遠是我的最愛^^
Michael Jackson,麥可傑克森

Michael Jackson,麥可傑克森

Michael Jackson,麥可傑克森

瑜珈,看護,旅遊

保健,蛋糕,服飾

網路,資訊,花園

法拍屋,隔熱紙

達人,精品,整形

科技,天空,飛翔

蝸牛,不孕,汽車

Anonymous said...

chocolate

巧克力

嗓音美容

聲帶結節

聲帶息肉

聲音萎縮

Anonymous said...

提供最佳的十大生活資訊與分享:
你知道哪裡有好吃的蛋糕嗎!
你知道白蟻如何防治嬤!
汽車隔熱紙一定是越貴越好嬤!
哪一種棧板是具有環保!
台中哪一家整形醫師縫雙眼皮最讓妳滿意!
關鍵字的搜尋行銷要領
如果要高雄旅遊,讓我告訴你高雄縣旅遊觀光景點
會計事務所到底是做哪些事!
長期照顧老人看護要如何選擇
哪裡可以選到價廉物美的服飾批發!

Anonymous said...

整形 柴犬
外籍新娘 肉毒桿菌
網路行銷 網站排名
汽車旅館 保健食品
整形外科 台中住宿
高雄旅遊 日系服飾
瑜珈教室 居家看護
扭力板手 chocolate