Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Need Any More Reasons?

I lost count of what reason I was on why I don't put my kids in public school. I was going to take a break from those types of posts for a while anyway, but I found one today, that I can't not do anything about.

HARVEY MILK DAY IN CA SCHOOLS.

Do take the time to read this one. Again, parental consent is not needed. This could be in your child's lesson plans or curriculum and you wont even be aware of it.

It is recommended that to make a point, California parents keep their children home that day, that week or even the whole year if possible. I couldn't agree more. If this offends you as much as it does me, and you can homeschool, I highly recommend you do. But lets be realistic, homeschooling is not an option for everyone. There are many single parent households with the only parent working. Not everyone has a church, friends or family that will support them while they stay home to educate their children instead of working.

Not only should these parents not be made to feel bad that they can't rescue their children from these schools, but there needs to be help for these children and their families.

Things like this get into the schools because the groups that support these causes are VERY active in getting their causes into the schools. If those who were opposed were as actively involved, perhaps these things wouldn't sneak into our schools, or at the very least a compromise could be met?

Evolution is the only theory taught in schools. I wouldn't have a problem with evolution being taught if my child were in school, but I WOULD have a problem if Creationism was left out. Present both, or present neither. But again, the evolutionists are much more active in fighting for their causes than are the creationists.

My point is while all of these activist groups are VERY, VERY active in getting their causes pushed through our schools, what I believe is the silent majority remain just that....silent. Sure, a few get vocal, but we need numbers!

If you have a child in school, and you are against things like this being taught without your knowledge or consent DO SOMETHING!! SAY SOMETHING!! DO NOT REMAIN SILENT!!

Even if you don't have a child in school, but you have a child you care about, get active and do something! If you are a person who cares about children or your causes, get active.

In this article was a link that is new to me, and I plan on spending some time on the site and checking it out. SAVE CALIFORNIA . COM

Things will only get worse until the rest of us do something. Quit complaining and get active!

No comments: