Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Yoga Booty Ballet

After almost two complete rounds of P90X(close to six months) I recently became a Beachbody Coach because I feel so strongly about the products. I thought I should try all of the programs so I could be familiar with them all so I can best help people in the programs they are using.

Of course, being a Yoga fanatic myself, I was most anxious to try Yoga Booty Ballet. Let me start by saying this isn't really a Yoga DVD at all. It is a great total body workout incorporating Yoga, Ballet and dance as well as some toning exercises. So that is how I am going to review this, as a total body workout, not a Yoga workout.

The complete program comes with three DVD's; The first one includes; Beginner Quick Start, Total Toning Basics and Advanced Abs & Booty. Also included is Cardio Cabaret and Hip Hop Abs. You also get the Goddess Guide booklet and 7-Day Rapid Results program

I tried the Beginner Quick Start and Total Toning Basics. I have to admit after completing P90X, this program wasn't very intense for me, but even so it is still a very complete workout with a very interesting variety of moves and techniques in it. It was broken up into several short segments, each focusing on a different aspect of the program. There was a nice stretch and warm up with some interesting dance moves, a ballet type segment, a toning segment using light weights, a short yoga segment followed by a nice ab workout using a squishy ball and then a cool down.

This had enough variety to keep even me interested and engaged and wondering what was coming next. I think this would be a great workout for a new exerciser or even someone with more experience that isn't looking for an extreme program like P90X. This is definitely more girl friendly than guy, although there were males in the video.

Like all Beachbody products, this is a complete program meaning you're not only getting a set of DVD's, but a guide book and eating plan. Also, like all Beachbody products I've tried so far, everything about it is top quality from the production, to the set, and everything in between.

The instructors are good, giving good instruction and queuing. I found one of them a little annoying at times with the whole "goddess" thing and borderline new agey type comments. Even so, those were far and few in between and easy enough to overlook or ignore that this would still be a good program for those that normally steer away from yoga due to such content.

While I give this high marks as a workout program, I am still a P90X fan at heart, and my first love will always be just pure Yoga which is why I ordered Pure and Simple Yoga by the same instructors, hoping for just that. I will let you know how it goes once it arrives.




1 comment:

Mrs. Nesh said...

You may want to look into the spiritual aspects of Yoga and then pray that you'll be able to follow God's will and not your own desires. I don't say this to be cruel, I say it because I don't think it's fair for me to read this and then not give out a warning. I didn't write the link in my URL but it's a good place to start.

May the Lord be with you and fill you with discernment!