Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Earthquake in Haiti(and how YOU can help)

Yesterday Haiti was struck with a 7.0 earthquake. The results appear to be rather devastating, to a country that already struggles just to survive on a daily basis. My heart has been heavy since first hearing the news from a fellow Compassion Advocate yesterday afternoon via email.

As many of you know, two of the precious girls I sponsor through Compassion are in Haiti. I have been wanting to get to Haiti for some time now and have a scheduled trip in March of 2011, which can't come fast enough for me. I wish I could be there now doing something to help all of the people of Haiti, and to be holding and comforting my two small girls, and just to be sure they are okay. I have yet to hear how they are.

I feel so helpless, so far away. I want to do something, NOW! There are several organizations already in the process of getting aid to Haiti. I am going to list the links to two here that I am confident will use the money as they say they will. I know there are many, many others, these are just the ones I have first hand experience with so am confident to send my concerned friends and readers to without any hesitation.

If you can help, please do so, even if it's just a small amount. If you can't send money or food or supplies, please pray. Prayers are powerful, and your prayers are just as welcomed and appreciated as your money.

Please pray also for my girls, Sarafina and Islamine and their families.

Compassion Christian Disaster Relief

Food For the Poor

2 comments:

Bill Cooney said...

Tara, I was thinking of you when I heard the news of this terrible disaster in Haiti. I know your heart is with the Haitians and the children you sponsor there. We are going to do our part and give whatever we can to one of the agencies you have listed. Our thoughts are with the suffering in Haiti.

Tara B. said...

Bill, thank you so much for your kind thoughts and anything else you can do for Haiti. It is MUCH appreciated!