Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Saturday, January 23, 2010

A HUGE Boost To My Ego!

I recently started my third round of P90X and last round I started seeing those changes I was hoping for. I didn't think anybody else had noticed though. My family hasn't seemed to take any particular interest in what I've been doing all of these months, not many comments have been made one way or another, other than the occasional mocking me when they see me workout at the crack of dawn each morning.

Yesterday though was different. My 13 year old sought out my advice on how to improve his push-ups! He didn't go to Dad, or even older brother, he went to me! I thought that was cool enough, but then he suggested: "Mom, you should join the military so you can show them how to do all of this stuff right, and show them that you can do it as well as all of those young guys."

I of course was/am flattered beyond belief, though I do realize the military will be just fine without me. And while I am getting in great shape, I don't know that I could keep up with the brave young men and women who serve our country. But it was quite a big ego boost to think my son thinks I could!

Not only that, he got up extra early to workout with me today! He only made it about 1/3 of the way through the Legs and

Back routine, but at least he is taking an interest, and I think gained even more respect for what I am capable of doing!

I don't need outside compliments to feel good about what I am doing, I can see and feel the changes, but it is sure nice to get them none the less!

1 comment:

Melissa: Mother to 3 Little Sprouts said...

What a great kid! I am doing the p90x too but not seeing results yet, just started! I am glad to see that it is working for you!