Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Monday, February 15, 2010

Children ARE a Blessing!

“The Bible calls debt a curse and children a blessing. But our culture applies for curses and rejects blessings.” ~ Doug Phillips

Last year I wrote a post based on the above quote, and once again I have this quote stuck in my mind this past day or two for reasons I wont go into right now.

I know sometimes a pregnancy can come by surprise and the timing can be more than inconvenient. It seems the popular solution these days is to end the pregnancy. This makes me so sad, as I personally know so many couples who would love nothing more than to be parents but are physically unable to do so. While an unexpected pregnancy may not be a blessing to you, it can be a HUGE blessing to someone else.

I find it sad and maybe even hypocritical that those that are most in favor of abortion are the same who are opposed to the death penalty for dangerous criminals. So, it's not okay to execute a child rapist/murderer, but it's okay to kill a child in the womb? I am sorry, I don't get that thinking at all.

I know there are cases where a murderer can be charged with a double homicide if they kill a pregnant woman, yet that same woman can kill her own baby and be given a pat on the back or even a hug, not to mention have it paid for by tax payer dollars.

The fact we even need safe, legal abortions shows what a sad world we really live in, but then to add in the above thought processes of the general public....sigh...I don't even know what to say.

No comments: