Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Chicago!

With my son graduating from Navy Bootcamp in Great Lakes, we decided to take in all the sights and sounds of nearby Chicago. Here are some photos of our trip in no particular order.


Wrigley Field was the top of the list for both my brother and myself. They sure love their Cubs in Chicago!

It is so hard to believe this is a LAKE and not the ocean!


AA little Italian place we found downtown where we enjoyed the ever so popular Chicago Deep Dish!













At the Navy Pier which was the top of MY list of sites I wanted to take in!











Pretty tulips right in the middle of downtown!














Quite an interesting Street performer!





Don't have magazine racks where I come from! I guess I am just easily impressed/amused.





A HUGE eight story high mall!! A shoppers delight!





More pretty flowers downtown. They take good care of their city!



While not much of a big city gal myself, I have to say I was pretty impressed with Chicago. Even as big as it is with all the crowds, they are friendly people and maintain their town well. There was much to see and do. Of course none of it impressed me as much as my true reason for being there to begin with, which was to congratulate my new Sailor son!!

No comments: