Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Monday, August 16, 2010

101 Reasons

A while back I posted several "Reasons" not to send your kids to Public, IE: Government School. For fun, I think I started on Reason 101 and continued for a few days until I got bored or side tracked.

I've often started a folder with printed articles of some of the outrageous things going on in the schools just to show family and friends who continue to ask "Why."

Well, recently thanks to a link on Facebook from a group I "liked" I discovered an actual website that literally has 101 Reason to Homeschool.

I really have a hard time understanding why anyone in their right mind would still send their kids off to school after looking at this list. Some of the items are about what students do to or with other students, some are about abuses from the teachers and faculty and there is plenty to say about the schools themselves and those who run them.

While I think this is a great list with full articles, I just want to point out 101 Reasons is just the tip of the iceberg! There are many, many more stories just like these and worse.

For Christians in particular, I don't think anybody does a better job of explaining why not to send your kids than Voddie Baucham and his list of FIVE REASONS.

My kids are home with me for the start of our 14th year. Lord willing, we have 14 more years to go. I keep them home to give them a truly Christian education, to teach them to love God, love their country, and to love and show compassion for others.

What about you? Why aren't you sending your kids to Government school this year?

No comments: