Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Two Guys

Nineteen years ago today I gave my husband his first son on his Birthday. We had different plans that night. We were supposed to go see Terminator 2 on its opening day. I was already several weeks late on delivering our son. My son chose that day to be born. While my husband was thrilled to have a son on his birthday, I still sometimes think that he was disappointed we missed opening night of T2!!(giggle)

Today on their shared birthday we've had our shares of excitement and disappointments as well. This is the first birthday our son isn't here with us. He is on the other side of the United States, literally just days away from officially becoming a Navy Hospital Corpsman. He was really looking forward to getting his orders today as well. Not only is he not home for his birthday, but he didn't get orders either(thanks to the Navy's hurry up and wait policy!) He did get a care package from home with birthday gifts and some homemade goodies as well, so the day wasn't a total loss.

My husband on the other hand, got the news he was hoping for. He got a long awaited, rather big promotion at work! We weren't so sure it would happen, but it did! Couldn't ask for a better gift than that. Well, except maybe a son, after seeing the opening night of your favorite movie!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Boys!! Love you both!

No comments: