Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude


With Thanksgiving approaching we started a 25 Days of Thanksgiving Lapbook that we purchased from Currclick.com Each day the kids write something they are thankful for, and copy a Psalms on thankfulness.

One of my children almost daily seems thankful for food, while the other is thankful for everything from his family to MRE's. It is fun to see what they will write each day as it gives me some insight into where their hearts are and it helps them to find things to be thankful for and take the time to acknowledge how much they do have and how blessed they really are.

I was amused when one of them asked how the people of the Bible knew we would have a Thanksgiving holiday when they wrote the Psalms! I of course explained the Psalms were not written with the holiday specifically in mind.

I think writing out and acknowledging what we have to be thankful for can be a great exercise for us adults as well as our children. Perhaps I too, shall start this. Let's see, today I am thankful for my family and having my son close to home.... for now.

What about you? What are you thankful for?

No comments: