Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Monday, January 31, 2011

After Going "Insane"

I just finished my 60 days of the "Insanity" Program from Beachbody. I hadn't posted updates like I had planned, but I did want to share my results here. I started off at just under 120 lbs and am now 114.2.

I lost and inch and a half on my waist and two in my hips. I am comfortably fitting back in my size 5's. (even 7's were tight when I started.

I have to say it was truly the hardest program I've done, but it was also a great deal of fun. I also have such a great feeling of accomplishment and pride. There were things I saw the examples of and was just sure I at 41 couldn't do, but you know what? I DID!!

I am happy with my results. I am sure they would have been much better if I hadn't started the week before Thanksgiving and had to make it through that whole holiday as well as Christmas and New Years! On the bright side though, while others gained over this time, I lost! Just not what I would have had I been watching my eating better(those cookies get me every time!)

So, looking for the next challenge I started ChaLEAN Extreme today. I am glad for a change and a little less banging on my joints, but I think it seems not quite as intense as the workouts I am used to with Insanity and P90X. I got a GREAT deal on the program though and want to give it a fair try. I did do the first workout today and still had energy to burn so did the Fast and Furious Insanity workout. Those two together wore me out good!





You know, it really is about more than just looking good or getting into a certain pant size. It's about being as healthy as you can, making sure you're doing everything you can to set a good example for your children and loved ones. It's about making sure you are physically up to any task God may call you to do.

No comments: