Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Done!!

Today we officially finished our 2010/2011 School Year!! A week and a half earlier than scheduled at that! It feels SO good to be done! We will be taking a short summer break, just under a month and a half before we start back up again.

This school year was a little more hectic than most, though not the most hectic we've had. But because of a very demanding toddler and other things going on in our lives I really feel like this school year wasn't our most productive.

We've always been more eclectic type homeschoolers using a little of this a little of that, Lot's of unit studies, read a louds and more "creative" learning methods. Next year though I think we are going to switch gears a bit and go to a more traditional workbook style curriculum for all of our core subjects with the older boys, hoping that they will be able to work a little more independently, while I focus on the preschooler and some of his needs. Also, this way I can be sure they are getting their basics in giving me more time to plan more fun type activities and electives. I will share in another post later more specifics of our plan for the next year. Right now, I just want to relish in the fact that we are DONE!! And VERY glad about it!!

No comments: