Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Visits

Monday, January 21, 2013

Walk For Life 2013

This year for the first time ever my family participated in a "Walk for Life" event.  This was the first time there was one in San Diego, rather than the much further away San Fransico or Sacramento. 

We heard about it kind of last minute and basically went on a whim, not sure what to expect. I am SO glad we went and we will be planning on going next year and possibly even to the bigger event in San Fransico next year. For little publicity the turn out wasn't bad. Nearly 3000 was the last report I heard. 

One thing I found so neat about this event was the interdenominational support it received. The opening prayer was offered by a Catholic Priest, the closing by a Lutheran Pastor and several talks by other pastors and speakers of all denominations, all with one goal in mind; to speak out and not remain silent on such an important issue of our time.

Even my teen boys are eager to join in again next year.

Just a glimpse of the large crowd.

My youngest son marching.

My 13 year old and husband.


My family with another couple that we do a lot of volunteer work with for Compassion International.

No comments: